Thursday, April 12, 2012

Almost Friday...

and I still have lots to do for next week.

Everything will change for both Summer and I next Wednesday when she starts at Kindy. I'm still anxious about it. But we both really need this. 

It's finally not very hot!! YIPPEE!!

It's so lovely to be able to go and work at my bench and not have to have a fan on, so I can work in comfort. I have finally gotten to work at my new bench this week. It did look lovely and clean .... then this:


But then I cleaned it up again lol.

I finally got around to making my MIL's ruby ring:


It's a gift for her. Hope she likes it.

I made a new pair of earrings:


And I've finished a couple of small PMC3 charms to go into my shop tomorrow. I got a fresh batch of PMC to make owls etc. And I've started working on a piece with one of those boulder opals I blogged about a while back. 

I took Summer and a friend and her boy to the Australia Zoo last week. It kinda ended in disaster. I won't write about it........ personally I'd rather forget all about it. I did get some good photo's of Summer enjoying her time there, which was pretty much the point of the trip there.


I've got sheets to sew for Summers kindy bed. This is the fabric I chose:


And last but least, we have the owners coming for an inspection on the 24th, even though we just had a routine inspection like 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty frustrated about it as I have enough on my plate right now. But there isn't much I can do about it. I am going to ask if we can do a few things here and if they will fork out for a screen door on the garage where I work....you get tired of flies/wasps/mosquitoes etc in your house and flying at you whilst you work. I hope they agree to it. It will make such a difference.

Spaghetti sauce is simmering away on the stove, it's almost 6pm and my hubby isn't home yet. That's about all the news I have for now. I love this weather!

Em ♥

2 comments:

Narelle said...

Your bench looks like a creative, happy mess & a really fun place to work at!
I hope everything turned out okay after the zoo incident. :/

Don't you hate inspections, they're the worst.
The owners should have come through with the realtors for your routine check........ggrrrrr!

littlecherryhill said...

The owners come through every year to do their own inspection :( It's kind of awkward and embarrassing when they come. I hate it. Everything was okay after the zoo...but I don't really want to take her out anywhere for a long time....