Sunday, June 27, 2010

Done & Dusted.

Well we're finally into the new place and pretty much settled in. It has been a long 2 weeks since I last posted, but we got everything done. Moving gave us a good chance to sort through all the rubbish we have collected over the last 5 years and we got rid of as much of it as we could. We gave away what we could, the rest we threw away at the dump.

I almost have the new house together. I just have to set up my craft room and finish setting up my studio (in the garage again).

Because of the way the studio is situated, I have been able to already start making a couple of rings. Here is a picture of where my bench resides....


There are sliding doors at the back of the garage, where I can see out over the patio area and some of the back garden. So when Summer wants to go out and play (she mainly stays on patio) I can go out to the bench and create and still be able to keep an eye on her. It's a fabulous set up!!! Inside the garage there are normal walls and not the brick walls like the old house had. So I can hang a picture up and make it a little nicer. I am going to purchase a nice screen of some kind too, so I can make my space feel a little more separate from the rest of the garage and have it feel more like an actual room.

This house has double the cleaning for me, but as far as I am concerned....it's so worth it. I actually find myself enjoying the cleaning!! Oh and I have a real washing line too!! I hung out 2 loads of washing today for the first time in 5 years. It was great!! :)

Here is a picture of our front lounge area view, where we watch t.v. The whole bottom area of the house has high ceilings which I LOVE!....



NO neighbours across the road!!! Just lovely Bushy rainforesty area!! It has a fantastic feel and a great breeze comes in and we get to listen to some gorgeous birdies too!!

sigh....I love it here.... :)

7 comments:

Louise said...

Looks a very peaceful and calm place ............. just beautiful!

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

So glad you are getting settled in, the space looks beautiful...and what a great view from your bench! :)

JudyB said...

Wow, congrats, it looks lovely, especially your set up for your studio!

Amy Nicole/RubyMtnBeads said...

Ah Em, Congratulations! The new place sounds perfect...I'm glad you are so happy!

Narelle said...

Yay, everything looks perfect.
Great to see you're settled & happy.
Now just watch those gorgeous pieces fly out from your bench!

gallerydarrow said...

What a gorgeous place it's sure to inspire! Best wishes, Rochelle

littlecherryhill said...

THANK YOU ladies!! It is a great place and we feel very fortunate to be able to live here. (spesh love my bench area :P)