Sunday, November 20, 2011

Procrastination

Yes. That title describes me down to a tea at this point in time. 
I have pieces I need to get finished. 
It's too hot.
I've some new materials I want to try and techniques.
It's too hot.
The days are going by too fast.
And it's too hot.

Did I mention it's hot??? lol

Yeah it's getting pretty gross out by my bench. Like I said in my last post, I really need that screen door. Last night hubby found a small toad hopping around in the lounge room....YUCK!!!!! And it probably came from the garage :( 
So now we need to be extra careful. I've no idea how it got in the lounge room unseen though.....

I woke up to a sale this morning :)
I am working on something beaded for myself....I haven't beaded in years. I'm not really enjoying it either haha. But I know it'll look nice when I'm done, I've been working on it in the evenings whilst watching the idiot box. It looks so simple, but it's been a bit of a pain in the bum to make - for me anyway.

The desire to buy new stones is scratching away in the back of my head. It's been a while since I really bought any - if you don't count my stash of little faceted stones...I have bought quite a lot of those. And I do have a lovely larger faceted stone on it's way to me.....actually it should have been here by now, so kinda getting worried about that. 

Anyways I haven't really purchased any cabochons in a while. I do not need them. Not at all. But I fancy looking at new stuff. As much as I love the bright coloured stuff, I fancy some more natural stones now. Though to be honest, right now is probably not the best time of year to be waiting on parcels from overseas as it tends to get slowish.

Well that's about it I guess. I'm so grateful for the airconditioning we have in this place and the great insulation and extra high ceilings!!

Have a wonderful day all 
Em ♥


3 comments:

Horse Creek Jewelry said...

Hi Em! Where are you located? Australia? It's not hot here..can we trade for a bit? I would anytime..I love hot!
I love your amazing gorgeous work!

Gemheaven said...

Oh Em I feel for you ~ I sorted all my gemstones out which made me stop buying ~ yup highly embarrassing amount of stones!! But am always happy to see my friends purchases!!

littlecherryhill said...

Yeah Helene, I am in Australia and Summer time is a week away...and it's already too hot for me haha.

Jo - I always enjoy checking out others purchases too...but then it gets the green monster going and then I start looking to buy more lol