Friday, April 15, 2011

Things to do...things to do....long post ahead.

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted, not a whole lot has been going on.
I have rejoined 'Twitter' this past week...I tried a long time ago, but didn't really click with it, so I'm trying again under 'littlecherryhil'.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me. My hubby and FIL are clearing out 'stuff' from our garage and we are having a bit of a 'throw out' session and taking some rubbish to the dump. Then we are going to reorganise the garage and then I want to start on my new antique/deco cabinet (pictured below)

I have no idea what colour I am going to do it yet....I am leaning towards a duck egg grey kind of colour. I'm not one for making quick decisions :(

I am getting a new table today that I want to do up. I will do a post on that another time. And then I have to find some new dining chairs to go with it...I sometimes love Ebay!

Only 2 months now till our lease here is up. That will go quickly! So in the meantime I have to pack and replace some furniture and have big clear outs and find a new place to move to!! Some of the reasons we want to move are, it's a 2 story house and there are only 3 of us...it's too big. It's high maintenance because of it's size...and I just don't want to waste time looking after space we don't use, I can think of many things I would rather be doing :)
I hate the tiles!
I hate the carpet!
And because we rent, we cannot change those things. (I'm not fussy, I just want both the tiles and carpet to look clean...and they don't.....ever....no matter how many times a week I clean them)
And last but not least, the main reason is money. I don't think we have ever had a year since we have been married that rent hasn't gone up. And I'm sure this year will be no exception. So we want to downsize and save some money to boot! Trouble is...I'm kinda picky with lots of things, like I said before, I'm not fussy, but I do like things to be a certain way. So it's not going to be easy to tick all the boxes for the price we want to pay. Another reason we need to move is petrol. Petrol is going up allll the time and we live out of town. Not super far out, but far out enough that if we moved closer, we could save more money just from not using so much petrol.
I will miss it here. I love the high ceilings and the ensuite and the indoor laundry and the bush/rainforest across the street and the space we have downstairs and many other things, but I would be happier to simplify my life.

Below are a few things I have made this past fortnight...I'm not sure of the second piece...I think I might scrap it, I'm undecided. And the last picture is of some of the cabochons I just received yesterday. I have a few more to come and I want to buy more again, but am going to wait....


Well I guess I will leave it here for now. If you've gotten this far, thanks for reading :)
Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Belinda Saville said...

Emma, these are all gorgeous pieces! What don't you like about the butterfly? I think it's lovely :-) That is a lovely stash of new cabs too...I see pairs of butterfly wings in there ;-)

It sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you! Hopefully you can find a little time to create amongst all that cleaning :-)

B.
-xo-

littlecherryhill said...

Thanks Belinda!! I'm not sure what it is about the butterfly pendant...I might list it and see what response I get. I didn't find the time to create anything with my new stones yet :(