Sunday, January 30, 2011

Come Back Winter!!!

I can't stand this muggy weather.....as I am sure I have told you that mannnny millions of times before lol. It's muggy/humid right now, but I know that down south they are getting it much worse than us. So I am grateful that we don't have a heatwave.

It 4pm and I am in the middle of making Bolognaise for dinner with Garlic Bread. I was going to cook a meat pie with mash n veg, but it's too hot to be hovering round a stove/oven, so I took the simple option.

I sent in my silver scrap to my metal supplier just before Christmas and it took soooo long to get it processed and for me to get new silver supplies (I received them this afternoon). So now I have loads of silver sheet, but no mojo haha...again.

I don't push myself when it gets like that tho...cuz that's how I end up making mistakes or making something I don't particularly like, so it ends up a waste and we all know that mistakes/waste is too expensive nowadays. Below is a picture of what I have made so far this year...it's not much.

I haven't listed any of them yet...but hope to soon, just have to pay my fees tomorrow and then I will. One thing I am finding frustrating about Etsy, is the lack of feedback I am getting from customers. I need that feedback. But I don't want to push people to leave it for me either :(

Below is the cabinet that my hubby and I finally finished a few weeks back. We love it. I am on the lookout now for a dining table and chairs (don't have to be a set) that I can do up for when we move this year. I am hoping for a dining table with Queen Anne legs and dining chairs that I can reupholster the seat part.


I am also on the hunt for a proper but basic jeweller's workbench. I know that RioGrande have them on sale right now, but I don't know if they will post it to me and how much it would cost if they do....so I've emailed, just waiting for a reply. I emailed a Jeweller's Supply shop in my local city too...I hope that they get back to me with something reasonable.

Well that's all for now. I really would like to go and play with my new supplies, but it's too darned hot and it makes me extra lethargic and I just want to flop in front of a fan and not move all day... :P

Hope you are all having a great start to 2011!!!




8 comments:

Amy Nicole said...

Hey Em! Love all of your new work...i know how you feel about the hot weather. I hate it too. We have winter right now, and I'm enjoying it while it lasts. The stand turned out great!

Anonymous said...

your pieces are gorgeous!!!

Humid heat? I had to go back and check where you were, :0 i would love a little dry heat right now. I'm a native So Cal girl and I miss my beautiful mild weather.

Hang in there.

Mariann Monika said...

Beautiful jewellery!

Try ebay for jewellers benches, here's a couple I found:
Item # 130479477451
and Item # 260726924287
Some can be modified by using a jigsaw tool to cut out the half circle. The antique bench listing on ebay is a great find!
I picked up my soldering bench from the side of the road and it is a beautiful old thing, I love it to bits! :o)

Good luck!

littlecherryhill said...

Thanks mywifesstudio!

Amy - You know how jealous I am!!

Marbella thank you :)

Aww Mariann thank you for going to that effort to send me those links!! Unfortunately they are too far from me. House of Jewellery apparently will have some at the end of this month...but they are sooo pricey!! :(

I'm just using an old medieval bed bench...lol...will put a picture up one day.

SpiralStone said...

Your new pieces are beautiful! I LOVE the turquoise vine necklace. I have an old bench in an old shed, I'd love a proper jeweller's workbench too ... can't wait to see what you buy!

littlecherryhill said...

Thanks Spiral!! It'll prob be a while before I have that new bench..but it's something to work towards. :)

Unknown said...

Emma! I've thought of you so often, and then especially when everything started going crazy in Australia. Could NOT get myself to bloggy land & I worried because I knew you had plans to move but had no clue where! I'm glad you did get a place sorted out [it looks gorgeous], and most of all so very happy to know you're safe. And Summer's turned 2?! Wow.

I'm stunned by all you've been making, your shop looks incredible! I took to including a little line in my confirmation convos to customers that may help w/ the feedbacks: "I hope you're happy w/ your ___, and would love to hear what you think if you have a moment to leave feedback or send a convo once it's arrived.". Often they do both, which is kind of nice! And when not, my mantra is 'no news is good news' so I don't feel bummed. :)

Gawd, back to writing books on your blog again, it's just nice to see you! ♥

littlecherryhill said...

Thanks Kim! I am so happy that you are back :) I have missed your 'books' on my comment page lol :) I am going to have to work something out with the feedback system like that, cuz I want to know how they feel about what they bought from me. I have had 2 lovely emails so far, so that'll keep me happy for now.