Tuesday, August 9, 2011

To Roll With The Mill.

(for some reason, everything I write is going to be underlined and I have nooo idea how to remove it)

Well it seems like everyone is getting a rolling mill lately! I've been talking about buying one for ages now. My Etsy sale went so much better than I expected it to and now that I have funds again, I am pondering the ever pondered question in my brain...to buy or not to buy. I'm hesitant only because it's a largish sum of money to spend on one tool and not knowing what the future brings financially/hobbywise I am in 2 minds about it (as I am about pretty much everything in my life lol).

So I will think about it this week and hopefully make my mind up quick smart.

In the meantime, below are pictures of what I have made lately:




And below is a picture of a gorgeous tree stump my hubs surprised me with last week. I love it! It needs a bit of work to flatten and smooth down the top to make it completely steady, I am starting to think I might like it for photography lol and not for hammering on. I hope to have a proper blacksmiths anvil one day :) I've found the perfect one....and it would look so pretty on the stump :P

The weather is all over the place lately. It's been quite Spring like in the day time. And the night time hasn't been quite as cold, but it has been a bit more windy than normal. I am not looking forward to the Summer. Really not.

I have a lot of family in the U.K so I'm

sending out 'keep safe' vibes to those in the U.K who are affected by the riots.

5 comments:

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

I'm definitely weighing getting a rolling mill as well. It's one of those wants, wants, wants, but do I need, need, need?
May I say, I think your work is amazing with or without a rolling mill.

littlecherryhill said...

Thank You Marcie! It sure is a 'want' lol but it might also be a need too haha :)

Amy Nicole said...

Get one! I'm right behind you as soon as I get the money. Great new pieces, and I love your stump!

SpiralStone said...

Beautiful pieces! I love the maple leaf falling over the bezel!

My Creative Community said...

Such beautiful work!
Jealous of that tree stump! Mine looks rather scruffy compared to yours.